Spearmint was traditionally used to scent bath water and was used to aid digestion. Today it is commonly used as flavoring agent especially in gum and toothpaste, but its essential oil can also help those with queasy stomachs or in need of a focus boost.
Dig into the Details of this Pure Oil
- Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
- Origin: China
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves & stems
- Plant Description: A herbaceous perennial plant growing 30-100 cm tall; square shaped stem; flowers are produced in slender spikes; it’s named for it’s pointy leaves.
- Aroma: Characteristic minty scent sweeter than the minty aroma of peppermint
- Note: Top to middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Blends Well With: Basil, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Jasmine, Lavender and Rosemary
- Main Constituents: L-carvone: 58.94%
Spearmint Essential Oil Benefits
Spearmint is way more than just a minty aroma!
- aids digestion